At East Wisconsin Comprehensive Treatment Centers, we understand that the process of starting treatment can oftentimes be one that can be intimidating and time-consuming. However, in choosing our center to embark on the journey towards overcoming an opioid addiction, we put forth a great deal of effort to ensure that our admissions process is both streamlined and efficient. Our helpful admissions staff can speak with you to talk about initiating medication assisted treatment at East Wisconsin and are happy to answer any and all questions that you may have about our high quality programming.
When you contact our center to inquire about services, you will be informed of our pre-admissions criteria, of which must be met in order to receive medication assisted treatment with us. It is important that you are aware of the following criteria so that we can guide you along the process of admissions promptly:
- You must be aged 18 or older.
- You must be opioid dependent for at least 1 year.
- Per state law, you must live within 50 miles of our center in order to receive treatment.
In meeting our pre-admissions criteria, you can then advance to the next step of admissions. Upon confirming your eligibility for treatment, our staff will schedule an intake with you. Once this date and time are set, you will need to gather the following and bring them with you on the day of your assessment:
- Valid photo identification in the form of a passport, driver’s license, or state ID card
- The full amount of your intake fee (even if you intend to pay for treatment with insurance)
- Documentation from other detox program or addiction services provider if transferring to our center
Additionally, the following are important things to keep in mind for when you report to your intake assessment:
- You must report to our center on the day of your intake in a state of withdrawal.
- If you are pregnant, do not come to your intake appointment in a state of withdrawal.
- You must be prepared to provide a urine sample for drug testing.
- If you are pregnant, you must show proof of consent from your OB/GYN.
Please allow 3 to 4 hours to complete your intake with our staff. During this window of time, the following will occur:
- Show proof of ID
- Complete a physical with one of our doctors, which includes a drug screen, TB test, and a pregnancy test (for female patients only)
- Complete all required intake paperwork and sign a release of information form (if necessary)
- Provide our staff with documentation detailing prior detox or substance abuse services (these documents can be faxed to our center as well)
- Pay intake fee
It is important to also keep in mind that all patients do not receive medication on their very first day of treatment. This decision is made on a case-by-case basis by one of our expertly trained physicians. However, once your intake is complete, our staff will discuss your treatment plan with you, and you will likely be aware of when your medication regimen will commence.
If you or a loved one would like to learn more about our admissions process, the medication assisted treatment we provide, or how we can help you or someone you care about finally defeat an addiction to opioids, do not hesitate to call us today. At East Wisconsin Comprehensive Treatment Centers, we want to give you the tools needed to live the drug-free and healthy life that is deserving of all people.